What is Stracci

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Someone who makes a fashion statement


Madonna. Yes, she has always been someone who made a statement with fashion, her fashion. She has been unique and completely confident to *wear anything she wants or wanted. She is an artist before my time, I only got to see a bit of her in her highlights, but it was enough for me to admire her.
This is what "fashion" is about. Is about wearing something unique and extraordinary and making it a style. My belief is: if you like it and it fits, wear it. You tell people about yourself with fashion, your fashion. Not whats popular, but who you are.

*Wear is a key word. Not meaning to literally wear something but to make it "work". For example, some people may wear an outfit that drowns them and you really can not see them, their persona. Wearing is about being seen, making that outfit look amazing, feeling good and having people talk about it. That's my definition of wearing. Don't be surprise if  bad talk happens, it will, but most likely from the person who likes what you have on and is a bit jealous you can wear it.

I remember wearing an outfit which everyone loved. While waiting in line at a store, I overheard a couple of teenagers saying " I would never wear anything like that." This comment made me feel real good and I thought to my self  "and that's why I'm wearing it. Be yourself, make a statement with fashion and share with me the outfits you wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment